Serves 3 or will make lunch for 2 days
4 cups diced Wombok
1 carrot, cut into match sticks
10 snow peas, de-veined and sliced
½ cup chopped fresh parsley
2 peeled and sliced qukes (cucumber)
½ cup lightly roasted cashews
2 pre-cooked chicken breasts
¼ cup rice bran oil
¼ cup pear syrup (left over from a can of pears or water if this is not handy)
1 tsp brown sugar
¼ tsp citric acid
(optional 1 crushed clove of garlic)
• If the chicken is not cooked, fry it in a fry pan until cooked through.
• Finely dice or shred the chicken into little pieces
• Lightly brown the cashews either under a grill or in a dry pan on the top of the stove
• Combine the chicken and cashews with all the chopped salad ingredients, in a large bowl
• Combine all the dressing ingredients and shake well to combine
• Pour dressing over the salad and toss to coat the vegetables
Tip if having this over 2 lunches.
• Its best on day 2 if the chicken, cashews and dressing are added to the salad mix on that day.
• So, although you can chop and prepare all of the ingredients and dressing on day 1; combine only half of each on day one, for the first lunch.
• Store the chicken and the dressing in separate containers from the salad mix. Keep the cashews out of the fridge.
• On day 2, combine all of the ingredients for this lunch