Makes 10 medium pancakes
- 250g chickpea flour
- 380ml calcium fortified rice drink
- 20ml rice bran oil
- 50g chopped green beans
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- ½ tsp citric acid
- ¼ tsp Iodised salt
- Nuttalex or extra rice bran oil for cooking
- Add all the ingredients to a blender and blitz until the mixture resembles a smooth pancake batter
- Over medium heat, add a teaspoon of Nuttalex or rice bran oil to a non-stick frying pan
- Have a spatula ready to spread the batter, then add a small amount of batter to the fry pan and using the spatula, quickly spread it outwards.
- Cook for a couple of minutes on this side and then flip the pancake over for about 30 seconds on the second side.
- Repeat with the rest of the mixture, making sure you oil the pan with Nuttalex or rice bran oil, before each one is cooked
- If they stick in your fry pan: – place a sheet of greaseproof paper over the fry pan and spread the mixture on top of this. Once cooked, it is more solid and easier to flip it onto the oiled fry pan to cook the second side. Repeat with the remaining mixture.
Make a batch: – Place a piece of grease proof paper between each paper for storage
- They can keep in the fridge for up to 4 days
- They can be frozen for up to 2 months.
- Use them with breakfast eggs
- Use them as wraps for lunches with meat or vegetable fillings
- Wonderful hot off the stove with maple syrup