1 butternut pumpkin
½ leek (white end)
1 Tblsp Ricebran or other allowed oil
1 clove garlic
1 ½ cup prepared elimination vegetable stock (page 37 of the elimination diet handbook)
½ cup cream
• Slice the leek in half and wash under water to remove the dirt
• Take the skin off the pumpkin and cut into large pieces
• In a large saucepan (with a lid) put the oil, leek and crushed garlic & stir fry about 4 -5 minutes until the leek is transparent.
• Add the pumpkin and 1 cup of the stock
• Place a lid on the pan and simmer the mixture gently until the pumpkin is quite soft.
• Take from the heat and allow it to cool before you puree it.
• Once cool, puree the rest of the stock with the leek and pumpkin to make the soup
• If you like a thicker soup, then add less stock during the pureeing stage
• You may need to do this in batches, until all the mixture has been done
• Stir in the cream
Before serving: reheat the soup in the microwave or in a pot on the stove.
Serve with your allowed choices of crackers or breads