500g minced meat
1 carrot grated
1 zucchini, peeled and grated
1 clove of garlic
½ cup homemade stock
375g ricotta cheese (fresh, no preservatives)
1 tablespoon GF flour, cornflour or wheat flour if you can have it
Loaf baking dish
Pre heat oven to 1800 C.
• Cook the mince in a pot on the stove.
• Add the minced garlic clove, the diced leek, carrot and zucchini and cook until the vegetables are soft
• Add the stock and cook until the liquid is reduced
• In a small bowl, beat together the ricotta cheese, egg and the flour of choice
• Peel and core the choko’s. Slice them thinly, lengthwise.
• Spread a little oil on the base and sides of your cooking dish.
• Layer a third of the choko’s on the bottom of the dish.
• Cover this with half of the meat mixture
• Cover this with half the cheese mixture
• Repeat the layering ending with the cheese on top
• Cook in a moderate oven for 45 minutes.
• Let it stand for 5 minutes before serving.