½ of a 250g packet of rice vermicelli (noodle
or bean thread)
3 eggs, lightly beaten
500g minced beef
½ cup choko or pear chutney (pages
35, 49 booklet)
½ cup prepared homemade stock
200g green beans, sliced into 4cm
1 small can (200g) of bamboo shoots,
1 cup of bean sprouts
¼ cup parsley leaves chopped
½ leek chopped
Salt to taste
Preparing the noodles:
• Place the rice noodle in a large bowl and cover with boiling water.
• Stand about 5 minutes, or until tender and then drain.
• They can be cut into smaller lengths using scissors.
Preparing the egg:
• Heat a fry pan or wok on the stove and brush with oil.
• Add half the egg mixture and swirl over the base to cover thinly.
• When the egg is set, carefully flip it to the other side.
• Take off the heat when browned and repeat with the remaining egg.
• Roll omelettes tightly and slice thinly
Preparing the meat:
• Heat remaining oil in the same pan.
• Add the minced beef, leek, choko/pear chutney and cook through
• Add the green beans, bamboo shoots and stock
• Stir and cook for about 3-5 minutes until the beans are heated through
• Add the shallot, parsley, bean sprouts and noodle and heat through for 1-2 minutes
• Serve mince noodle mixture topped with the sliced egg omelette.