2 individual pizzas
Ready made or make the pizza base according to the packet/recipe
- This recipe uses 2 prepared pizza bases from CHOICES bread shop (no soy). Each base is roughly 20cm round.
Other options suitable for these elimination restrictions include
- Orgran GF pizza mix (contains soy)
- Commercially ready-made made: Healthy Feast: Fresh GF Pizza Bases (contains soy)
- 4 chicken tenderloins (OR 1 x 125g can of 4 bean mix if vegetarian)
- 1 ½ cups pre-made choko or pear chutney
- 2 medium potatoes
- 1 small clove garlic
- 2 shallots, diced
- ¼ leek, diced
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- Suitable oil (vegetable or canola or ricebran)
- Preheat oven to 1800C.
- Cut potatoes into 2cm cubes
- Microwave, boil or steam the potatoes until just soft
- Put both pizza bases on alfoil on an oven tray and cook them for 10 minutes before adding the toppings
While the base is cooking:
- Cut the chicken tenderloin into small cubes and fry until cooked
- Peel and crush the garlic clove. Sprinkle salt, oil and garlic over the just soft potatoes and fry them in a fry pan till lightly browned.
- Add oil to a second frypan and stirfry shallots, leek, celery & parsley for ~5 minutes. Remove from the pan.
Once the pizza base is out of the oven
- Cover it with pear or choko chutney and cooked shallots & celery mixture
- Sprinkle the chicken & potatoes over the top.
- Salt to taste
- Add back to the oven for 5-10 more minutes to heat everything through