Makes approximately 10 wraps
They discuss the creation of the recipe at this link.
- 375g dried red lentils
- 3 cups water
- Pinch of iodised salt
- Rice bran oil for cooking (or other suitable oil)
- Place all the ingredients into a bowl and soak the lentils for at least 3 hours
- Place the lentils and the soaking water into a blender and puree, for at least 90 seconds, until smooth
- Heat a small fry pan and when hot, brush on some rice bran oil to prevent the wrap from sticking
- It will take a little practice to spread the mixture thin, in your fry pan
- If it’s too thin they crack when wrapping your filling
- I used 1/3 cup per wrap and made 14 wraps. Wholscoopblog suggests it makes 10 wraps, so use a little more mixture….approx 1/2 cup per wrap.
- Place the mixture in the middle of the fry pan. I used a flat icing spatula to spread the mixture into a thin circle
- Cook for 30-60 seconds, then flip and cook the second side for about another minute
- Store them is an air-tight container for about 5 days in the fridge.
- Place some baking paper between each and freeze in an air-tight zip lock bag
- To soften it up before filling the wrap, microwave it for 10-20 seconds