- 500g minced beef
- 2 cups pre-cooked brown rice (start with ¾ cup dry brown rice)
- (or 2 x pre-cooked brown rice cups: Uncle Ben’s, Select, Sun Rice Organic brown rice)
- 8-10 cm leekE
- ½ choko
- 1 Tbslp fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 2000C.
- If cooking rice. Add the dry rice to about 4 cups of boiling water. Boil about 20 minutes or until the rice is soft to taste. Drain the rice and add it to a large mixing bowl.
- If using pre-cooked rice, add it straight to the mixing bowl without re-heating
- Meanwhile put the raw mince in to the mixing bowl
- Chop the parsley, leek and peeled choko into very small pieces before adding to the mixing bowl
- Add salt to taste
- With a clean hand mix all the ingredients together
- Shape mixture into roughly 16 x 3 cm round balls
- Line an oven tray with baking paper and place the meat balls on the paper
- Cook in the oven for approximately 15 minutes
- Remove from the oven and serve or store for later use.
Can serve with noodles, vermicelli, vegetables, salad, wraps, sandwiches or eat as small