GlutenFree, DairyFree, Low chemical
(Dutch cream in photo)
1 Tblsp psyllium husks
2 Tblsp tapioca flour, or other starch
1/2 tsp iodized salt
- Preheat the oven to 2200C
- Peel and grate the potatoes, using the large holes on the grater
- In a bowl combine the grated potatoes with the other ingredients and let it sit for about 5 minutes. They do start to discolour, but that’s OK.
- Line an oven tray with baking paper.
- Take about ¼ cup of mixture, squeeze the liquid from it and flatten it out on the baking paper into a thin, flat circle.
- Repeat until the tray is full. They do not spread, so can be close together on the tray.
- Cook for 20 minutes. Once browned and while hot, carefully peel them off the paper
- This method reduces the over all fat that fried rosti’s have
- If you want crisper potatoes, you will need to shallow fry the mixture
- Repeat until the mixture is finished.
- Eat as a hash brown with eggs for breakfast
- Use like a top and bottom piece of bread in a hamburger or sandwich (see potato flat bread hamburger recipe GF DF Low, Dinner)
- Use like a taco shell, with a suitable filling
- See Squid and Potato Stack Salad recipe (GF DF Low, lunches and GF DF Mod, lunches)